(re)INVENT YOU(rself) is an Erasmus+, KA1, EVS project dealing with activities to promote 2 fundamental rights of minors namely their freedom of speech and freedom of thought, with activities to bridge the gap between generations through intergenerational activities and with the promotion of Erasmus+ and the opportunities it offers to youth.
The main objectives of (re)INVENT YOU(rself) are the following:
– To help 8 EVS volunteers from Latvia, Serbia, Italy and Estonia acquire the necessary competences that will accelerate their transition to employability with a positive impact also on their social and personal lives by involving them in a EVS mobility taking place in Sighisoara, Romania, for 6 months (1st April 2016 – 30 September 2017);
– To develop a journalistic program in cooperation with 5 schools from Sighisoara, in which to involve at least 480 minors, with the purpose of offering them the chance to exercise 2 of their fundamental rights, namely the freedom of expression and thought and the chance to develop intercultural and foreign language competences by interacting with the EVS volunteers;
– To create intergenerational activities involving at least 160 adults and 160 minors in order to bridge the gap between generations and their possible conflicts.
– To promote the Eramus+ programme through a series of 6 events (1 every month) taking place in Sighisoara addressed to at least 180 young people.
The coordinator and hosting association will be Wild Carpathia, while the SOs are the following organizations: Radi Vidi Pats (Latvia), Center E8 (Serbia), Vicolocorto (Italy) and Seiklejate Vennaskond (Estonia).
The participants are the 8 EVS volunteers from Latvia, Serbia, Italy and Estonia aged 18-30, from the NEETS category, out of which 4 will be participants with fewer opportunities, more precisely facing economic, social or cultural obstacles.
The main activities they will carry out are the following:
– JUNIOR MEDIA: journalistic activities meant to promote the freedom of expression and the freedom of thought of minors (children and minor youngsters);
– COMMUNITY VOICE: experimental intergenerational activities promoting activities between different generations to bridge the gap that might exist between different generations;
– PROMO & FUNDRAISING CAMPAINGS: the need of the hosting organisation to create a self supported program for a better sustainability of the basic activities
– ERASMUS MEDIA: events to promote the opportunities offered by Erasmus+ to young people especially to NEETs. There will be organized such one public event every month.
The methods used are non-formal, participatory, inclusive, win-win, peer-to-peer. We will create an experimental learning context for the EVS volunteers.
The most important results will be the intangible ones, namely the competences that will be acquired by the EVS volunteers that will accelerate their transition to employability. The project will also have some tangible results. We will make available our best case practices on our website so that anyone interested can consult them and get inspired.
We anticipate that this project will have an impact on all its stakeholders as it started from their needs and we designed our activities to meet these needs. (re)INVENT YOU(rself) will have a positive impact on the EVS volunteers, the participating organizations, local partners, members of the target group and other relevant stakeholders. The impact will be seen at local, national and European level.
We believe that this project will inspire other organizations and people to get involved in similar activities to address the issues mentioned in this project and enhance even more its impact. People will be more aware of Erasmus+ opportunities and will become more interested to join them.